Some of the class have been writing about what life was like in the trenches in World War One.
Check out this stunning piece of writing from Aurora K.

Dear my lovely parents, I'm writing this from my bed.
Being in the trenches is tough. You get barely any sleep so you get really tired .By the way, something sad happened. My best friend got frostbite and got taken away. Now I'm lonely so could you send a teddy or something please and some socks would be lovely? It's really cold and I don't want frostbite.
It's quite scary being here but I'm getting used to the mud that stands outside but I'm starting to miss you and Papa and I'm very grateful for my bed at home because there are no rats and there are clean sheets on the bed I got is just a hole in the wall with a sheet for protection otherwise it's just a sleeping bag with a top as a pillow in the wall.
It's getting quite late now so I better get some rest good night hopefully I'll see you again
Yours sincerely… Aurora.k

so cool!!!!
ReplyDeletewow
ReplyDelete